Monday, February 23, 2009

THE OSCAR RECAP: Winners, Losers and In Between

One of the best oscars in a while. As a whole we were not that bored. Jackman did a great job and the presentations were creative and informative. Here's the recap starting with fashion:

BEST DRESSED

Taraji stunned in Cavali
Halle scored best dressed for me. Hands down gorgeous and flawless
Miley looked very glamarous
Natalie exemplifies simplicity in a stylish way

Tina Fey finally stepped her game up

WORST DRESSED
Tilda Swinton just has no hope when it comes to fashion
Alicia Keys looked a tranny mess. From hair to makeup to outfit
Beyonce and her failed clothing line = tackiness personafied. I wouldn't expect anything more
Whoopi wore a dress which is a plus. But why does she look so sloppy all the time? And leapord print?


I loved Amanda Seyfried in Mama Mia and check her out every week on Big Love but this is ridiculous

HOST....SUPERB


Brilliant opening. I especially enjoyed "The Reader" part.


Musical is Back f/ Beyonce Knowles and the Mamm Mia and High School Musical cast including Zac E and Vennessa H. This was okay. I liked some of the songs. I am now a fan of Hugh Jackman

THE WINNERS....
Slumdog took all the technical and musical categories, as well as best picture...which i don't think they deserved. Here are some acceptance speeches from other winners.


Kate got her win finally but Meryl deserved that Oscar....Best Actress

Penn got his 3rd but Mickey was robbed...Best Actor

Slumdog for best movie...I think not. However, I'm pissed MIA didn't perform and/or win.

BEST MOMENTS


They kept cutting to Ang and Brad when Maniston walked on stage. I hope Maniston realized Bradgelina was laughing at her not with her.



Ben Stiller does Joquinn Pheonix...hillarious

No comments: