Thursday, January 22, 2009

WOW QUOTE:


[WHAT CREATOR OF CARTOON THE BOONDOCKS AARON MCGRUDER SAID ABOUT OBAMA]
On the eve of President Barack Obama's inauguration, McGruder is "cautiously pessimistic" about the presidency.

"I don't think you're going to see any dramatic change from Barack Obama," said McGruder, who wore a "Boondocks" T-shirt over a black long-sleeve shirt and jeans. "I'm hoping he proves me completely wrong."

On the topic of race and ethnicity, McGruder said that to him, Obama is not black because he is not a descendant of a slave.

"The person who is one of us in the White House is Michelle Obama and her momma," McGruder said.

I must say I was shocked that this wasn't the general consensus by black america earlier in Barack's campaign given the divide between Black Americans and Black Africans (i guess one thinks they are better than the other)...I'm just shocked it came from him. Needless to say, even though many recommended I watch the show, I sure WON'T be watching is now. And does he really want to go there with the 'one of us' thing. Is he 'one of us?' Just saying

No comments: